Re: fvwm2 and xterm placement

    On 25 Jan, ktb wrote:

> Hi, I'm using fvwm2 for my windows manager under xdm.  I'm trying
> to get the initial xterm window to appear in the center of my screen
instead
> of the upper left hand corner.  I looked at,
>
> /usr/doc/fvwm2/README.sysrc.gz  and it said to:
>
>  init.hook
>                 Additional commands for the InitFunction, which is
>                 automatically executed by fvwm upon startup.  This
> should
>                 contain commands to start any programs you want to
> always
>                 start, such as a welcome screen or an xterm.
>
>                 The lines in init.hook should be "continuation lines"
>                 for a function, such as:
>
>                         + "I" Exec xterm
>
> So I created a sub directory, .fvwm2 in my home directory and added
the
> following file,
>
> ~/.fvwm2$ cat init.hook
> + "I" exec xterm -geometry=80x40+154+137 &

Sam wrote:

Try
+ I exec xterm -geometry +154+137 &

If that doesn't work try putting quotes around it
+ I exec "xterm -geometry +154+137" &

**************************************
Hey,  "+ I exec xterm -geometry +154+137 &" worked!  Now how do I get
rid of
my
initial xterm window that pops up when I first log in?  I copied my
/etc/profile
file to ~/.bachrc to get the new xterm window to behave like the
original one
when I first log in.   I hope that was the right thing to do.  It seems
to be
working.

~$ cat .bashrc
#!/bin/bash
# ~/.bashrc: executed by bash(1) for non-login shells.
PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/usr/local/netscape:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/kent"

export PATH PS1
export PS1='\w\$ '
# Alias list.
alias l="ls -alF"
alias sh="shutdown -h now"
alias sr="shutdown -r now"
alias n=" netscape -geometry =752x571+76+0 &"
alias x="xterm -geometry =80x24+194+142 &"

umask 002

I thought about putting a "#" in front of the xterm line in
/etc/X11/Xsession
kill that first xterm but my instinct tells me I shouldn't do it to this
file.
Where does the default configuration come from?  I have looked through
most of
the fvwm2 files and don't seem to be able to locate it.
Thanks,
Kent