gnome menus

I've successfully installed the latest gnome packages, and it looks pretty
good.  I'm running it in conjunction with icewm and slink.  I'm having
difficulty using the menu items, however.  Most of the menu items in the
gnome menu are not working.  If I click on them, nothing happens.  Only a
few select items will actually open programs (like calendar and the menu
editor).  Even recently installed gnome packages do appear in the menu, but
they won't open.  I can get to them using the standard icewm menu, though.

Any suggestions?

Brian Morgan