Re: fvwm2 and xterm placement

On Mon, Jan 25, 1999 at 05:41:01PM +0000, ktb wrote:
[snip]
> Hey,  "+ I exec xterm -geometry +154+137 &" worked!  Now how do I get
> rid of
> my
> initial xterm window that pops up when I first log in?  I copied my
> /etc/profile
> file to ~/.bachrc to get the new xterm window to behave like the
> original one
> when I first log in.   I hope that was the right thing to do.  It seems
> to be
> working.

[snip]

> I thought about putting a "#" in front of the xterm line in
> /etc/X11/Xsession
> kill that first xterm but my instinct tells me I shouldn't do it to this
> file.
> Where does the default configuration come from?  I have looked through
> most of
> the fvwm2 files and don't seem to be able to locate it.
> Thanks,
> Kent

Mine is started from .xinitrc (.xsession from xdm):

03:07 $ cat .xinitrc
#!/bin/bash

xterm -geometry 110x40+1+1 &
fvwm2

Maybe that's where the one is that you're trying to kill, or in some similar
place.

Rob

--
Soap and education are not as sudden as a massacre, but they are more
deadly in the long run.