Re: Sound Blaster 128 Detection

Thomas MANGIN wrote:

> I am now facing another nice problem : my SB 128 isn t detected. I was
> befdore using a Crystal card which was perfecltly working but now my
> "Standard" Sound
> Blaster is not working.

The SoundBlaster PCI cards are not hardware compatible with the ISA based
SoundBlaster cards.  When configuring the kernel you need to include
support for the "Ensoniq AudioPCI (ES1370)" card to support the PCI 128.

> Last time I installed a SB16, I solved the problem removing the "Os is
> PNP aware" in my Bios but this time this didn t changed anything ;( I
> tryed both "Native"
> and "Legacy" dma but it didn t help too !!
>
> I suspect the PNP or "Legacy stuff" like they call it to be somewhere
> guilty !! For information my kernel is the 2.1.130

I don't think this is the problem.  This PNP/legacy stuff should only
matter for ISA Pnp devices.

You may want to upgrade your kernel since you have to recompile anyway.
--
       /'"`\  zzzZ  | My PGP Public Key is available at:
      ( - - )       | <http://home1.inet.tele.dk/renehl/>