Re: Running fvwm95

I'm new to Linux and I don't know for sure that this will help  but
assuming you installed fvwm952 correctly; you could try editing  your
/etc/X11/window-managers  file putting your newly installed window
manager  name at the top of the list.   That should make it your default
window manager.
Hope this helps,
Kent