qpopper && quota

Hi,

	I have a Debian box as a pop3 server for some users at the Dept.
The server has one scsi disk, with three main partitions (/ /home /other).
This is a poor design, but was done some years ago, when I was just
beginning with Linux.
	I have set quota for users in / and /home so I can prevent the
spool area to hog all disk space with tons of messages with megs of
attach. The problem is that when some user with a little more than the
half of its quota tries to get e-mail via pop3, he/she gets a quota
exceeded message, because the qpopper do a temporary copy of the mail file
after it changes to the user/group of the user requesting the pop.
	My questions are:
	1. Is this the only behavior or can I change this through some
config file?
	2. What you suggest to workaround this problem?
	3. Is there some other pop server that behaves different?

[]s,
Mario O.de Menezes | "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
IPEN-CNEN/SP       | is the Lord's purpose that prevails" Prov. 19.21