Dselect ...Finnish keyboard

Good Day (or night) everyone,

I recently installed the base system of Debian,
and intend soon to use Dselect to install the
standard installation.

Question 1:

I read "Debian User's Guide Edition 2" and therein
it is said that after one has selected the packages
one wishes to install it may be necessary to run the
installation step "over again until all the packages
are installed."

I wonder if someone could tell me how I would know
whether or not all the packages had been installed.
In other words how do I know when to re-run this section
of Dselect and how many times to re-run it.

Would I need to keep referring to /var/lib/dpkg or what ?

Question 2:

I live in Finland and have tried to map my keyboard to
'fi-latin1', using kbdconfig. It works pretty much as it
should but it doesn't allow me to type the following
characters:
		ä, Ä, ö, Ö, å, Å

I have tried using the alt key and their ascii numbers but
to no avail. Can anyone help.

Thanks for your assistance.

Per_adua32.

Hei kaikki suomalaiset ! ! !