Re: CR key broken ?

On Sun, Jan 17, 1999 at 10:00:24AM +0000, Nidge Jones wrote:
> The terminals are DOS based machines running NCSA telnet clients, and worked
> just fine to Debian 1.3.1 ? The problem started following my upgrade to 2.0.
>
> The problem..
>
> At the Linux prompt all is well, nothing appears to be wrong. However start
> something like JOE (editor) up and the CR doesn't insert when you hit it,
> it just wraps to the next line. For example, if you are half way through a
> line of text, and you hit CR, the second half of the line will drop to a new
> line , and all other lines drop down to make room, yes !

Sounds like bad terminal emulation. I find that NCSA (and the related
Clarkson CUTCP) telnet have pretty poor terminal emulation. I run CUTCP
under DOS here occasionally, to a Debian 2 box. I haven't noticed
what you said but I use vi.

I can't suggest a better DOS telnet though. I'm used to the Lan Workplace
(Novell) one too but it's nothing to write home about. On Windows I use
CRT and find it to be most excellent.

Hamish