Re: CR key broken ?

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:
>Sounds like bad terminal emulation. I find that NCSA (and the related
>Clarkson CUTCP) telnet have pretty poor terminal emulation. I run CUTCP
>I can't suggest a better DOS telnet though. I'm used to the Lan Workplace

I remember liking the DOS version of MS-Kermit some years ago. The
terminal emulation was very complete, even including the DEC graphics
character sets (it reprogrammed the character set of the display, if
needed). Maybe even Tektronix graphics, I'm not sure.

Kermit is normally a serial communications program, but I seem to
remember that MS-Kermit supports telnet connections too. I don't know
where the name comes from, but it's a freely available program (free
only for non-commercial use, I think), and has nothing to do with
Microsoft.

I found it on SimTel years ago; maybe it's still there...

For the original poster: If you're still trying to get NCSA Telnet to
work, I suggest you look at the large terminfo database in the
ncurses-term package. With luck, it might have a terminfo definition
for NCSA Telnet too... Using that should work at least better than the
standard terminal types.

--
-=- Rjs -=- rjs@lloke.dna.fi