Re: start svgalib progs from X

On Sun, 17 Jan 1999, Rob Mahurin wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 17, 1999 at 05:54:41PM -0500, Brandon Mitchell wrote:
> > > There is a little program called switchvt... I hardly remember, but I think
> > > it was just a single C file.
> >
> > That's about all I remember, too.  (Although I was trying runvt, loadvt,
> > launchvt.)  Anyone have ideas on where it's located/hiding, switchvt
> > didn't show up in any packages.
> >
> > TIA,
> > Brandon
>
> I know that there's "chvt."  But that doesn't work from within an xterm:

It works as root.  But I need a bit more than chvt, and I know I've seen a
program/script that does it about a year or more ago.  The "more" that I
need is the ability to do this as a user, run a specified program, and
switch back to X when the program is done.  I was hoping it would be a
debian package, but can make do if it isn't.

Thanks,
Brandon

| Brandon Mitchell * bhmit1@mail.wm.edu * http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/ |
| The above is a completely random sequence of bits, any relation to |
|               an actual message is purely accidental.              |