Re: Suck and Inn problems

On Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 12:47:27PM +0200, Tapio Väättänen wrote:

> I use get-news script provided by Suck pakage. When
> I have written new articles get-news will send them
> out next time I run the script. Now, I don't know is
> problem with suck or inn, but after the articles are
> sended out, there will exist no
> /var/spool/news/out.going/news.newsprovider.com
> file.

Last time I checked, the scripts provided by suck should replace the
file.  They copy the outgoing file away, and then flush it (which closes
the old outgoing and creates a new one).  Here's the relevant bit of
script:

if [ ! -s ${OUTGOINGNEW} ]; then
  mv ${OUTGOING} ${OUTGOINGNEW}
  ${CTLINND} flush ${SITE}
fi

with a large comment beforehand explaining what's going on.  I've never
used the Debian package, though.

> Does anyone have any idea? Is it bug and should I report
> it?

No idea.  Do you have anything like the above in your script?

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/