Re: Netscape4.5 cannot find libraries

Moises Quinto Vargas wrote:

> ...new to linux, runing 2.0.34,
> my problem is that netscape 4.5 does not know where the libraries are:
> 1) ldd netscape gives me the following:

What version of Netscape are you running? Is it the glibc version or the
libc5 version? Mine is the glibc version of communicator 4.5. The
filename is:

  communicator-v45-export_x86-unknown-linux2_0glibc_tar.gz
                                              ^^^^^

If it's the older version (libc5) then I think you need to install the
netscape package. It will make sure that all the req'd libs are
installed. Also, I think you need to put the communicator file in /tmp
or something. The netscape deb package will tell you.

HTH
--
                                  __   _
Mark Wagnon                  -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __