Re: Where's my hard drive?

On 11 Jan 99 at 14:07, nathan_vegdahl@email.com <nathan_vegdahl@email.com>
wrote:

>    ...which only handles DOS partitions, so I can't really do anything with that.
>     If there is any DOS program that does partitioning for both DOS and Linux
>    partitions then you can just tell me where to get it and that will most
>    likley solve my problem.

I've had good luck with the 'Ranish Partition Manager'.  Version 2.37.12 is
freeware, 166k, sources included, and works with disks 8 Gigs and under.
Ranish is currently working on v2.38 which is shareware and handles larger
disks.  You can get either program here:

http://www.users.intercom.com/~ranish/part/

It works well from DOS, (though it has crashed when run direct from my Win95
system), and is easier to use than the LILOs I've seen. Some of the English in
the docs is imperfect, but not unintelligible.  It gives a choice between an
Advanced Boot Manager, and a simple boot manager.  I've only tried the simple
boot manager, the Advanced one being a little complicated.  The setup program
is much nicer than FDISK or cfdisk, and is good about NOT letting you shoot
yourself in the foot easily.

Hope this helps...