file managers

So, anyone wanna chime in with why they like their favorite file managers
(under X)?  I'm on the lookout for the cream of the crop.  I hate to say it,
but the Winblows team has a good file manager, and I'd like similar
functionality under X.  The one I got with KDE is okay, but I detest the file
listing on the right hand side.  I'd prefer to be able to configure what is
displayed there, and have it print in smaller fonts as well.

Comments, sugggestions?

Jay