Re: printing application probs

Hi,

>>>>> "angus" == angus claydon <angus@claydona.debian.org> writes:

angus> Can anyone shed any light on the following problem? TIA
angus> Why is my printer chewing off first lines of paragraphs?

angus> I'm running a deskjet portable printer using debian 2.0,
angus> specifically lpr and magicfilter
angus> I've tried filters deskjet-filter and dj500-filter.
       Unfortunately, no, I can't.. but I've got related problems, so
       I thought I'd hitch a ride on this thread.

       I'm using debian 2.0, lprng, magicfilter, a deskjet portable
       printer and I too tried both deskjet-filter and dj500-filter.

       My problem: the printer stops part of the way through a post
       script file. I've tried new, freshly generated files (dvips),
       old files, and the example files that come with ghostscript.

       Everything used to work fine when I used slackware.

       Things I've changed since the last successful print:
       1. Moved from Slackware(+apsfilter) to Debian (+magicfilter)
       2. Upgraded my processor to a Cyrix P166+ (from AMD K5/100)
       3. Reflashed my Bios (not sure about the new version number:
          MoBo is a BCM SQ591, non-mmx, about three years old: I
          flashed it with the latest bios on the BCM site.)

       Anybody have any suggestions ?

       TimT.

 tim.timmerman@asml.nl                          Tel: (Int+031)-(0)40-2303613
 timt@dibbler.iaehv.nl        Voodoo Programmer/Keeper of the Rubber Chicken
Nothing is as inevitable as a Critic behaving like an ass.