XWP - NOT!

Hello all.  I installed Wordperfect 8 into  /usr/local/wp8 and there's
no xwp file to be found anywhere on my system.  The only thing that was
really out of the ordinary in my installation was that it didn't run
under X.  I got some kind of error message and it ran in an xterm
window.  Anyone have any clues as to why I can't run wordperfect on my
system?  I saw a message about placing DISPLAY=":0.0" into my profile or
one of the bash files to eliminate some problems, but I don't know if
that will help.

TIA.