Re: XWP - NOT!

"James R. Lunsford" wrote:

> Hello all.  I installed Wordperfect 8 into  /usr/local/wp8 and there's
> no xwp file to be found anywhere on my system.  The only thing that was
> really out of the ordinary in my installation was that it didn't run
> under X.  I got some kind of error message and it ran in an xterm
> window.  Anyone have any clues as to why I can't run wordperfect on my
> system?  I saw a message about placing DISPLAY=":0.0" into my profile or
> one of the bash files to eliminate some problems, but I don't know if
> that will help.

	Hmmm, I believe I installed wp8 to /usr/local/ too.  The xwp binary is found on
my system at "/usr/local/lib/xwp/wpbin/xwp".  Lord knows why they made it so
complicated.
	I also read what John said about security.  I don't think this is necessary.  I
installed wp8 as root, but use a normal user to actually use it.  No special
tricks were necessary.  As for calling the binary, I added this to my bash
startup:
	xwp () {
		pushd /usr/local/lib/xwp/wpbin
		./xwp
		popd
	}
	export xwp

My normal user just types 'xwp' in an xterm to run it.

--
Ed C.