Upgrading

I run Debian 1.3.1 and wish to upgrade to release 2.0

Having read up on this a little, am I correct in saying that I will be able
to do this without breaking everything?

I am concearned about the LIB6c stuff, and what upgrading will mean to my
old (LIB5) non-debian packages. Will they still work, or will I end up
breaking everything from trying to change to 2.0 ?

I understand I need to run the autoup.sh script first, then use dselect as
normal afterwards. This is fine for upgrading my Debian Packages. But what
about other stuff *I* may have installed in /usr/local etc !

Can I make the autoup.sh script take the LIB6c info from the Debian 2.0
CD(s) I have. (Or Will I need to run autoup to Debians site using
FTP etc)

I am most concearned about this upgrade, I don't want to be left with a box
of broken bits, followed by a long night of tape restores.

Whatsmore, I do not want to be stuck with 1.3.1 just because I have a few
non-debian packages installed !

Thanks in advance.

--
Nidge Jones