Re: need various libs ... ??
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: need various libs ... ??
- From: Carey Evans <email@example.com>
- Date: 05 Jan 1999 21:30:08 +1300
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: email@example.com's message of "Mon, 4 Jan 1999 00:32:21 -0800 (PST)"
- References: <E0zx5Qz-0000TJfirstname.lastname@example.org>
> > Sounds like your program uses the old libc5 libraries that you don't
> > have installed. Try installing the 'libc5' package in the 'oldlibs'
> > section.
> Thought about that, but I have libc5 installed.
The output of `ldd ./executable' would be useful.
You could also try `objdump --private-headers executable | grep RPATH'
to see if there's a path to the libraries compiled into the program.
If there is, carefully change the path using something like Emacs's
`hexl-find-file' to something that doesn't exist.
Carey Evans http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/
Larry froze. Was the bag a trap?
He could see the way in, but the other end appeared to be sealed.