Re: need various libs ... ??

In <[🔎] 87g19qt94f.fsf@psyche.evansnet>, on 01/05/99
   at 09:30 PM, Carey Evans <c.evans@clear.net.nz> said:

>The output of `ldd ./executable' would be useful.

Comes up showing only libf2c.so.0 missing.  I found the other libs ... was
looking in the wrong directory.

I did find a libf2c.so.2 file.  Is this a later version of the libf2c.so.0
??? Should I use that?  Or is it something completely different??  I found a
1995 version which fits the bill, but its use would require that I overwrite
a file out of my current libf2c.so.2 group.

I have obtained the source, but am leery about compiling it since I really
am unfamiliar with that process.  Do you know if the dependencies would
remain, or would they change to the versions in my system??

>You could also try `objdump --private-headers executable | grep RPATH'  to
>see if there's a path to the libraries compiled into the program.

Nothing came up for this.  Thanks for the idea, though.

Kenward
kaynjay@igalaxy.net

The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets.