Re: Trying to NFS mount Linux from Solaris 2.6

George Bonser wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, Bruce Jackson wrote:
>
> > rpc.mountd and rpc.nfsd are running.  What is the lockd bug?  Looked on
> > deja news and didn`t see a solution.  Not trying to do it at the same
> > time now, maybe in the future.
>
> Solaris complains that it can not lock files over NFS. Seems that
> there is not a good lockd in Linux that Solaris will accept until the more
> recent 2.1.12x kernels.
>
> What error is the solaris box giving?
>
> George Bonser
>
> The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!

The Solaris box is getting an access denied.  According to the Linux
logs, it is specifically denying the Solaris box.  The kernel is
2.0.35.  Both automounting and manual mounting don`t work.  I even
changed the exports file to have no_root_squash.  Seems mighty strange.

--
Bruce Jackson

Linux:  because reboots are for hardware upgrades!