Re: Trying to NFS mount Linux from Solaris 2.6

Bruce Jackson writes:
> George Bonser wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, Bruce Jackson wrote:
> >
> > > rpc.mountd and rpc.nfsd are running.  What is the lockd bug?  Looked on
> > > deja news and didn`t see a solution.  Not trying to do it at the same
> > > time now, maybe in the future.
> >
> > Solaris complains that it can not lock files over NFS. Seems that
> > there is not a good lockd in Linux that Solaris will accept until the more
> > recent 2.1.12x kernels.
> >
> > What error is the solaris box giving?
> >
> > George Bonser
> >
> > The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!
>
> The Solaris box is getting an access denied.  According to the Linux
> logs, it is specifically denying the Solaris box.  The kernel is
> 2.0.35.  Both automounting and manual mounting don`t work.  I even
> changed the exports file to have no_root_squash.  Seems mighty strange.

I've read this thread with interest since I just finished fixing the very same
problem on my home network. Look at the proper format for the /etc/exports
file (man 5 exports). The Linux version is syntaxically different. After I
straightened out my server's /etc/exports file, the server still would not
let the client connect (permission denied). So I stopped/started the NFS
daemons on the Linux server (/etc/init.d/netstd_nfs stop/start), and lo and
behold - all is good in the Linux world.

--
-= Sent by Debian 1.3 Linux =-
Thomas Kocourek  KD4CIK