Re: Trying to NFS mount Linux from Solaris 2.6

On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, Bruce Jackson wrote:

> rpc.mountd and rpc.nfsd are running.  What is the lockd bug?  Looked on
> deja news and didn`t see a solution.  Not trying to do it at the same
> time now, maybe in the future.

Solaris complains that it can not lock files over NFS. Seems that
there is not a good lockd in Linux that Solaris will accept until the more
recent 2.1.12x kernels.

What error is the solaris box giving?

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!