Re: debian as secretary?

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Phillip Neumann wrote:

> Hello,

> I want to access my pc from univerisy. Of course i can, i have done it.
> But I can only if my pc is connected to internet (obvious). I just
> cannot getup on 8:00am, turn pc on, connet go to univ. and then back at
> 5:00 becouse the phone-line must be paid..$$.. I would like to call my
> pc:
>
> 244334565: ring ring
> pc: ``hi Phillip is not here but you can leave a message. If you want to
> connect me to internet after you hang up press 1.''
> phillip: #1 [beep]
> Phillip: hang up
> time
> time
> --phillip go to the univ. computers that are with win95 (jiaaaak) and
> ftp to his pc so he can print works at univ.

 This just came up. You can use xringd to look for a pattern of rings and
then dial up the university, or just about any other action.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles           (248) 377-7735       ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

     Anagrams of "digital_nervous_system", Microsoft's new slogan:

smutty_derisive_slogan   glossy_derisive_mutant   gaudy_violent_mistress
admit_ourselves_stingy   survey_longtime_sadist   vulgar_sedition_system
lying_devious_mattress   reveal_stud_misogynist   smudgy_television_tsar
sly_devious_smattering   stodgy_virtual_nemesis   molest_industry_visage