Re: X config/setup info.

On Fri, Oct 02, 1998 at 09:17:34AM -0700, Dunlap, Randy wrote:

> Thanks to Pann and Chris for pointing out that I was still using
> the VGA16 server instead of the S3 server.
>
> But ... did I miss something somewhere?  Either XF86Config could have
> modified /etc/X11/Xserver for me or it could have told me that I needed
> to do it.  I read lots of doc/faq files on XF86 config/setup and none
> of them told me that I needed to modify /etc/X11/Xserver to use my
> selected video server driver.
>
> Is this only a Debian "problem"?

I think it's a debian problem when you "reconfigure" things. I recall
having to hand edit this file as well as I was fumbling around with my
first X install. I installed, purged, installed, re-ran config/setup,
etc., several times until I was happy, but I don't think the server
entry in /etc/X11/Xserver gets modified after the initial install.

I'm going to cc this to debian-user trolling for comments.  ;-)

Cheers,
 Pann
--
                     What's All the Buzz About Linux?