Re: Strange floppy

On Mon, Aug 03, 1998 at 11:47:09PM +0200, Shiraz Sayani wrote:
> [Maybe off-topic alert]
>
> I have a floppy disk I am trying to make a copy of as a backup.
> It's a Yamaha disklavier disk and fits in a standard 1.44MB
> floppy drive, but Windows doesn't think its formatted.
>
> I thought I'd try copying it on my Debian 2.0 box with something
> like
>
>     dd if=/dev/fd0 of=/tmp/test.bak
>
> but the disk driver doesn't seem to be able to read the disk
> or any data on it.
>
> Anyone have any idea if there is something I can use to try and
> mount or at least copy this disk?
Go snag a copy of Anadisk from a local tsx-11 mirror. It's a DOS program, but it
will copy disks with weird layouts, eg strange and/or different sector numbers
and sizes.

| ian eure, network admin, freelance security consultant, and  |
| manically depressed paranoid schizophrenic, at your service. |
;           <ieure@minion.org> - http://minion.org             ;
:           raw speed = 105.6 wpm with 4.5% errors             :