Strange thing ...

Hello All
I was trying to upgrade my installation of debian, using apt. When I do
apt-get update it gives me the folowing output :

 Can't locate File/stat.pm in @INC at /usr/lib/apt/methods/ftp line 21
(#1)
    (F) You said to do (or require, or use) a file that couldn't be found
    in any of the libraries mentioned in @INC.  Perhaps you need to set
    the PERL5LIB environment variable to say where the extra library is,
    or maybe the script needs to add the library name to @INC.  Or maybe
    you just misspelled the name of the file.  See perlfunc/require.

0%  [Forking]Uncaught exception from user code:
        Can't locate File/stat.pm in @INC at /usr/lib/apt/methods/ftp line
21.
        main::BEGIN called at File/stat.pm line 21
        eval {...} called at File/stat.pm line 21
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/apt/methods/ftp line 21.
Updating package file cache...
E: Opening
/var/state/apt/lists/ftp.uevora.pt_debian_dists_stable_main_binary-i386_Packages
- ifstream::ifstream (2 No such file or directory)

I think the problem is with the perl version... But now I can't update
from dselect ... What should I do?

   |\___/|
    .0.0.
   (= - =)  Ana Graça Silva <>