Laptop Sound

Does anyone have experience with setting up sound in a laptop under
linux? I'm on a Dell Latitude 166M with an ESS SB16Compatible sound card.
It appears to be a PnP card (Looking at it from Windows) but pnpdump
doesn't find it.

I figure I somehow have to find it and use isapnptools to configure it
and then pass that to the kernel, but I don't know how to go about doing
it. Anyone have any ideas?

Asher Haig     ahaig@iglobal.net

"The only thing I'd rather own than Windows is English, or Chinese, or
Spanish, because then I could charge you a $249 right to speak English
and I could charge you an upgrade fee when I add new letters like 'N' and
'T'." -- Scott McNealy