Re: Laptop Sound

> Does anyone have experience with setting up sound in a laptop under
> linux? I'm on a Dell Latitude 166M with an ESS SB16Compatible sound card.
> It appears to be a PnP card (Looking at it from Windows) but pnpdump
> doesn't find it.

I recently installed sound support for my old Austin 133 with an ESS chip and
it went smooth as could be.  It is not a plug-and-pray, so I just followed the
instructions in the README in the sounds subdirectory of the kernel, recompiled
the kernel and *BAP* (litterally) there was sound.  No sweat.

Ken