Re: How do I compile a qt program ?

On Sun, Apr 05, 1998 at 10:08:52PM +0300, Ionut Borcoman wrote:
> Hi,
> >
> For java I have found JDE and I like how it integrates in Emacs. I searched the
> WWW for something similar for C and C++ but with now succes. Do anybody knows
> about something like this ? Or can somebody send me a simple Makefile
> (eventually with some hints about how can I use it from Emacs) to have
> something to start from ?

I wasn't the best to explain who makefile works and let it to someone
else.  However, although I didn't have time to try jde, here some
simple hints to give some guide lines with Emacs.

Used M-x compile; this will gives you a prompt where you can give the default
command. By default, is 'make' but it can be 'gcc -c myfile.c'
or even 'javac myclass.java'. The error message will come and you can
press [C-x `] (yes, the backquote is included) to check for the next
error.

Also, learn about the etags program, M-. and M-/ who can really save
your time. There are also many other way to find emacs
invaluable. [especially if we can get an oo-browser mode back].

> TIA,
>
> Ionutz

Good luck.

Fabien Ninoles
E-mail: fab@tzone.org
WebPage: http://www.callisto.si.usherb.ca/~94246757
You can get my public key from your nearest public keys server!
RSA PGP KEY [E3723845]: 1C C1 4F A6 EE E5 4D 99  4F 80 2D 2D 1F 85 C1 70