.ps or .pdf editing app

Hi,

I've tried a lot of editing apps (and conversion utilities) in hamm,
but I can't find one that edits postscript or acrobat files.  Does
anyone know what package I can use to edit a ps or pdf form that uses
Times-Roman fonts in a variety of point sizes, with some lines (no
graphics)?

I've tried converting to .eps and editing in tgif, however that renders
the whole form illegible.  I've always seen ps and pdf viewers, never
editors.  That just doesn't seem right.  If this is off-topic, I
apologize.
--
David Stern