Re: .ps or .pdf editing app

David Stern wrote:

> I've tried a lot of editing apps (and conversion utilities) in hamm,
> but I can't find one that edits postscript or acrobat files.  Does
> anyone know what package I can use to edit a ps or pdf form that uses
> Times-Roman fonts in a variety of point sizes, with some lines (no
> graphics)?

I think one of the possible reasons why tools like this are so rare is
because postscript and pdf are *intended* to be final, read-only,
printer-(not human)-friendly formats.

I was looking for a postscript editor several years back and couldn't
find anything (other than emacs).  Months after giving up I finally
understood the cryptic answer the local guru gave me: "you're asking
the wrong question."

The (unsatisfactory) solution is to get the source document from which
the ps or pdf was generated, edit *that*, then generate your new
ps or pdf in the usuall way.  If all you have is the ps or pdf,
perhaps that too is intentional...

Luck,
Keith