Re: Glibc2

Carroll Kong wrote:
  >	What kind of success would I get if I simply got a "tarball" of the
  >glibc2 libs and ran the mozilla package?  It should work... right?

Wrong. It isn't as simple as that.

To run glibc2 (libc6 on Linux) you need to do a proper upgrade according to
the libc5-libc6 Howto.  Use the autoup.sh script to do it. If you don't do
things in the right order, you can end up with an unusable system.

Once you have libc6 installed correctly, you can run mozilla, or any
other libc6-linked program.