Re: ip-up & ip-down

Martin Bialasinski writes:
> When ip-down is run, the ip-layer is already down, so there is no way to
> make contact to hosts over the link. So some programm like "contact the
> dynip service to tell them I am going offline" doesn't work.

A while back someone suggested hacking pppd to run "ip-about-to-go-up" and
"ip-about-to-go-down" scripts, but so far as I know nothing was ever done
about it.  The best solution I can think of off the top of my head is to
run pppd under the control of a script that would do stuff like this before
shutting it down.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)