Re: modem answering to a different song?

On Wed, Dec 30, 1998 at 01:07:57PM -0500, Colin Telmer wrote:

 : Has anyone been able to get a modem to answer to a distinct phone ring?
 : My phone company allows one to have up to four numbers on one line each
 : with a distinct ring and I would like to set up a fax server that answers
 : only on one of these numbers. Any ideas? Cheers, Colin.

I don't know if it's possible with a modem. Though I think, with the help of
`xringd', you should be able to make difference between those 4 numbers.

The xringd-package is in the comm-section of the main Debian distribution.

Cheers,
 -Remco