Re: Setting screen back to B/W

Tim Thomson wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> When I set my machine up, I had a VGA screen on it, and so selected a
> colour install. But now I have a monochrome screen, and would like to set
> the terminal type back to b/w.
> I am running a bo system still, I see that the hamm disks define TERM to
> be 'linux-m' or something similar, but my system only knows the vanilla
> 'linux' terminal type. Where can I find a monochrome terminal definition,
> or does bo do this differently than hamm?

There is none, afaik.  Normally console programs are only b/w if
not defined otherwise.  Slang programs are used to be colourful
though.  You need to tell them to use different colours then.

In case you need X11 there is an option to XF86Config to tell the
server that the screen device is only mono.

Regards,

	Joey

--
If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country.
	-- motd of irc.funet.fi