re: gcc / g++

Michael --
	Thanks for your reply.  I had not tried that.  I must admit I've
been a bit confused about the differences between gcc, g++, egcs, libc5
and libc6.  The program I was trying to compile worked on Slackware 3.5
(libc5, I suspect) with gcc, and I seem to recall compiling it on Red Hat
5.1 (glibc/libc6).  I have a much better feeling about things, now that
I've gotten C and C++ to compile on my debian system.  Thanks again!

CSS

On Mon, 28 Dec 1998, Michael Procario wrote:

> Have you tried
>
> g++ -o hello hello.cc
>
> g++ is the egcs c++ compiler It know waht libraries it needs.

 Christopher S. Swingley
 International Arctic Research Center
 University of Alaska Fairbanks
 ftcss@aurora.alaska.edu