Re: Midnight Commander hanging

gfrye@arb.ca.gov (Greg Frye) writes:

> I haven't been able to see any correlation with running other programs
> just before it starts hanging.  I have to go to another VC and kill MC.
> The only way I have found to clear the problem up is to reboot.

Do you have your mouse correctly configured for gpm?  Try running
"mc -d" to disable mouse suppport ("-d, --nomouse Disable mouse
support.", complete options are listed with "mc -h").

MC comes with gpm mouse support compiled in and makes trouble by
simply hanging if a mouse can not be properly detected.  Either
correctly configure the mouse for gpm or always run MC with the
"-d" switch or just recompile MC without gpm mouse support and
there you go.

Just add the line "--without-gpm-mouse" to the ./configure directive
in the file "debian/rules" included with the Debian MC source package
and run the command "debian/rules binary" from within the source dir
to recompile and produce a .deb file.  Naturally you need to have the
Debian development tools installed (dpkg-dev, etc.).

                                  P. *8^)
--
   --------- Paul Seelig <pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de> -----------