Re: "idled" the thing that wouldn't die

As the other reply said, daemons are in /etc/init.d. You can do stuff
/etc/init.d/daemon (stop|start|restart|reload) or whatever it supports. If
a package failed to remove its functionality when you removed it, please
file a bug. Install the bug package (apt-get install bug) and see the man
page for it, makes things alot simpler.

--
Rafael Kitover
rkitover@io.com