Re: xterm not found in slink

On Mon, Dec 28, 1998 at 10:28:31AM +0100, Gernot Bauer wrote:
Hi Gernot,

> There are many "obsolete" packages (like xbase-client and others - when
> I try to de-install them, I get dependency-errors...) but no xdm or
> xterm-package. :(
>
> Is it a problem of my debian-mirror?
I dont' know, but if You are use the german mirror it could be happened
try:
entry in your /etc/apt/sources.list
# begin of file /etc/apt/sources/list
# Remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian slink main contrib non-free
#end of file
and than if You like to upgrade Your whole distribution:
apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade
if Your not sure, or like to see what happened if You do this
type before the above line, first
apt-get -s update; apt-get -s dist-upgrade
which give Your a overlook what would happen if You really start
the apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade
note:
if You like this:
you have to install xterm and xmodmap and also Your xfont-upgrades via
apt-get  update xterm; apt-get  install xterm
apt-get  update xmodmap; apt-get  install xmodmap
etc, ....
You also can install only packages via install like
the above lines,
apt-get will handle the dependencies itself, no matter and You don't
need to handle dependencies Yourself

cYa
--
   Peter