File download problem

Hi, I was downloading the Communicator file once again.  I tried another
installation and came very close this time.  Anyway I decided to remove
all the previous Communicator files I had downloaded and see if a fresh
one would work.  I used "rm" to take out a communicator directory and
all the files.  I used "updatedb" and "locate communicator" and didn't
find anything.

My problem is when I  finished downloading the Communicator file with
Lynx the selection "save to disk" came up; I selected that and when I
did, got the message, "Alert!: Cannot write to file" then it said to
"enter a new file name" which I tried but it just kept saying
"Alert!:..."  So what have I done now?  Why can't I save the file to
disk?
Thanks,
Kent