Re: Safest way to SLINK

> I tried to upgrade to frozen Slink yesterday and it hosed my system.
> (Could not find libncurses.so.4, which broke almost everything!)  I spent
> all day yesterday recovering but I would still like to use packages in the
> slink tree.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?  What is the
> "recommended" method for doing a HAMM => SLINK upgrade?

1) Wait until slink is released.
2) If it is released, wait until your local mirror is updated.
3) Get the upgrade notes, read these.
4) Upgrade.

HTH,
Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032