Re: Why?!

In a message dated 12/20/98 4:48:37 PM Central Standard Time,
c680789@showme.missouri.edu writes:

>  > *) CDs from CheapBytes may be cheap - but they're not free and they get
>  > out of date very quickly.
>
>  Cheaper than a CD from Microsoft?

One of the biggest beefs I have with Microsoft is lack of upgrade support.
For example, I bought the Win95 CD just after Win95 came out.  Since then, MS
has release three (that I know of) new versions of Win95 - OSR1, 2, and 2.5.
Can you buy them?  No, they are only available with new computers.  Can you
download upgrades?  No, although you can download some of the new software
that comes with the new releases.  If for no other reason than I get new OS
upgrades whenever I feel like it - and they run cleanly...   Linux is the way
to go.

-Jay