RE: Why?!

Hi, everyone.  My first post:

I completely agree, Jay.  I got Win95 not a month after it came out.  I
supported it from the beginning.  Did M$ support me?  No.  I hate the
"Hey we made the OS you bought better.  Want a free copy?  NOT!  Want to
buy a copy?  NOT!" policy.

I've never bought a new computer in my life.  I build my own, so I guess
that means I'll never get a copy of OSR2.  Oh well, too bad.  I use
Linux now anyway (although I do administer an NT network).

Mal

One of the biggest beefs I have with Microsoft is lack of upgrade
support.
For example, I bought the Win95 CD just after Win95 came out.  Since
then, MS
has release three (that I know of) new versions of Win95 - OSR1, 2, and
2.5.
Can you buy them?  No, they are only available with new computers.  Can
you
download upgrades?  No, although you can download some of the new
software
that comes with the new releases.  If for no other reason than I get new
OS
upgrades whenever I feel like it - and they run cleanly...   Linux is
the way
to go.

-Jay