Re: Corel WordPerfect 8 for Linux ishere! (fwd)

> I've got it, but I haven't figured out quite how to install it.
> un-tgz'ing produces a handful of directories, a Readme, and a Runme.
>
> The Readme says to untar and ungzip everything, then run the Runme
>
> The runme asks if you've untarred things, and decides there's nothign
> new to do if you say yes.  If you say no, it untars, but still doesn't
> do anything.  The executables end up in ./linux/bin
>
> I assume there's some option i'm missing to figure out to tell it to
> use /usr/local or some such, but it beats me as to where . . .

I had earlier wp8 demo version. I remember that there was some problem to
find the right executable to start the program... did the setup program
start at all by running 'runme'? I think that with the demo version the
executable was xwp... did you find such a file?

hvirtane@cc.jyu.fi

P.S.

I tried to dowload it as well, but no success. Nothing happens, when I hit
the dowload button. it is tellinf that are two downloads.