Re: Configuring modem and connecting to the net

john@dhh.gt.org dixit:

> Horacio writes:
>
> > BTW, how can I give a normal user permission to use the smail/sendmail
> > command?
>
> What are you trying to do?  I can think of no reason that a user would ever
> need to type 'smail' or 'sendmail'.

I don't get it, I am supposed not to use root except for (re)configuring
programs/the system,... so, every time I want to get my mail downloaded I
have to enter as root, or else I can't run the smail or sendmail command as
a normal user.

May be there's a way of doing it automatically by writing it somewhere
(probably the same with fetchmail)?

Cheers

--
Un saludo,