Re: ftping StarOffice in small doses

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998 MallarJ@aol.com wrote:

> Don't hold your breath.  Netscape has taken the position that they are more
> interested in providing new, esoteric features for it's browsers than in
> fixing and enhancing the features that already exist.  Welcome to the browser
> wars.  In fact, I quit using Netscape last year because of their refusal to
> get some of the basic things working.  For example... ever try to view a
> webcam image with Netscape?  It won't auto-refresh (unless the website it
> written a certain way).  This is only one of a few "bugs" I can think of, and
> bugs which they have made it clear to me they have no intention of fixing.

On the contrary, this feature already exists in Navigator 4.5.  Have fun!
(the feature being: the ability to restart cancelled downloads.)

Peter

Peter D. Kovacs                 UIN: 241701
Operator, Perl Programmer, Computer Guy
kovacsp@egr.uri.edu
http://www.egr.uri.edu/~kovacsp/
http://kovax.ml.org/~kovacsp/pubkey.txt