Re: diald setup problem

> > > I'm having trouble setting up diald on my Linux box.  The problem I have
> > > right now, which I haven't been able to figure out for the last couple of
> > > hours, is that ppp0, when the link comes up, assumes the IP address
> > > assigned to eth0.  I just cannot figure out how it gets it!

I found out what the reason for this was: It appears that
pppd was trying to find out what the IP address of ppp0 is
by looking at /etc/hosts, which had an entry for the host,
which was meant for eth0.  Adding noipdefault as an option
to pppd solved the problem.

I still have other problems but I hope to investigate a
little more before asking for help.:-)

Thanks,

Fumi Okushi