Re: Unsure of how Debian is updated

On Fri, Dec 11, 1998 at 07:22:26AM -0500, Randy Edwards wrote:
> (FWIW, XFree 3.3.3 is in slink.)

No, it isn't.

XFree86 3.3.3 hasn't been Debianized by me (the X maintainer) yet.  I gave
my blessing to anyone who wanted to try it and upload it to experimental,
as long as they put "DON'T REPORT BUGS IN THESE PACKAGES TO THE BUG
TRACKING SYSTEM OR TO THE X MAINTAINER" in big flaming letters somewhere
prominent.

I heard on IRC that someone has actually done this.

Slink will ship XFree86 3.3.2.3.  Once I'm done hammering the bugs out of
that, I will start work on 3.3.3, which will go into potato.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |
Debian GNU/Linux                 |   Never attribute to malice that which can