Unsure of how Debian is updated

I am converting from RedHat to Debian and in the main am pleased with Debian.
One thing I can't quite work out though is how Debian handles updated packages.
For example XFree86 3.3.3 is out now, will this eventually be integrated into
the 2.0 release or are the packages in this release frozen except for bug fixes
?

One of RedHats nice features is that there is the upgrade drectory on their
ftp server and you can just see all the packages that have been upgraded since
the release of that version of RedHat is there an equivalent for Debian ?

Pat